February 11, 2012

From a Hands On volunteer in East Africa: I am finally here! Oh, the journey God has already brought me on! Orientation was tough… heat, exhaustion, emotional hardships, dirt and more dirt… God began to break … my pride, my self-righteousness, self-sufficiency… Learning that I am prone to stray from His purpose when I’m hot, tired, dirty, hungry, frustrated… Pray for my time in God’s Word and in prayer – tough in this environment when the only time you are alone is in the shower! Pray that God would give me grace to be disciplined and wise with the time He has allotted me here. (Photo provided by HANDS ON volunteer)
---   ---   ---   ---   ---
For more on the student Hands On program, go to: http://www.thetask.org/templates/System/details.asp?id=44564&PID=723638

No comments:

Post a Comment