October 27, 2012

Still taking a break from posting daily Nudges from East Africa, but look for new ones beginning on November 1st.  But I will share a status post found today on Facebook with a photo taken recently in a Nairobi shopping centre.  A shopping centre which some have called Little India where a Muslim prayer room, as well as a Hindu prayer room is located. There is no Christian prayer room, though the whole place provides an opportunity for a unique prayer walk - a shopping-prayer walk!  The items in the photo were for sale during a special Muslim holiday.
--- --- --- --- ---
"I could skip the burning incense in the businesses owned by those of other faiths, but spotting their altars (corners/ decorated boxes housing their favoured gods) always leaves me challenged. Do they see me expressing my love and adoration for my God?:

No comments:

Post a Comment